Be*Live Family Portrait (Video)

Posted by admin on September 13, 2013 Be's Blog | Tags: , | 7 comments

An ode to my lovely mom!!!

My mother Dona Sue Lucas (in picture, me to right) was instrumental in pushing me towards the holistic, creative, musical, raw living lifestyle, culinary art world and so much more. She left her physical body 24 years ago this September. 13. As a born again Seventh Day Adventist, her and my dad raised my vegetarian in a meat eating household until the age of 2 when they let me choose and I chose to remain vegetarian by choice for 10 years. She bought special vegetarian books just for me and let me write in them critiquing them. My mom also pushed me towards playing music but at the same time honored my learning process and let me do it my way, with soul and primarily by ear (saxophone and guitar). At 12, when I had 3 near death experiences, one of them resulting in a WHITE LIGHT experience, my mother was the last person that I saw crying over me as I blacked out and started walking towards the light. She was always the one to get me to think outside the box in her weird ways, pushing me to be different polar opposites to assure I OWNED my views. When she was in her death bed at age 45 dying of cancer, she persisted to push me towards discovering my own world, once again in her weird ways (thanks Matrix) but none the less with so much love! After she left this world I went on to traveling the United States on my own, finding myself, I believe due to her releasing me to find myself. When I experienced my first gourmet raw meal in 1997 at Juliano’s first restaurant Raw (which became my restaurant Organica), I met a women that healed herself of the same type of stage 4 cancer and this profoundly moved me so much that I started delving into raw big time. I could go on and on and on and on about how my mom influenced me but I will save more for the future. Main thing is,  she is one of the main reasons that I can BE here with you. So here’s an ode to my mother, I had to listen to Asa’s song ‘So Beautiful” many  a few times last week. Multiple times, tears came trickling down my face as I connected with the my mom. I am going to share Asa’s song below.

I love you mom!

7 Comments

• linda said on Dec 29, 2012 5:15 am

what a beautiful tribute, your mom is surely smiling on you. I recently lost my dad, who was my everything, the most perfect man God ever made, I miss him with everything I am, he didn’t want to go, he had so much living left to do, I am so sorry for your loss, I had my dad twice as many years as you had with your mom and it is still was no where near enough. Blessings on you for all you have done and all you are going to do!

• zoe said on Jan 4, 2013 10:04 am

Bro.Brian Thank u for sharing your dearheart mama’s inexplicabely beautifull heart with us.

• admin said on May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Bless u

• Julian Michael said on Jan 4, 2013 11:34 am

Happy New You 2013 Chef Be Live. Thank you for sharing your deep love for your Mom. What a beautiful experience I felt when I read & think about you and your moving tribute. You are in my heart. Happy Birthday to her continuing loving Eternal Soul. Lv

• admin said on May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

You’re more than welcome. Thanks for reading

• Judy Essman Sweet said on Jan 4, 2013 6:04 pm

Dona Sue Lucas was my older sister and she was the kindest most loving person I have ever known. She was always willing to help anyone in need. She was a strong Christian and practiced what she preached. She loved her family and would do anything for any one of us. Her main concern was that all her family believe in what the Bible teaches and accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour so we would all spend eternity in HEAVEN together.

• admin said on May 22, 2013 2:24 pm